3.15.2008

The Littleton Incident

This dream occurred several weeks after the shooting at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado in the spring of 1991.

I was either in a high school or college classroom full of students when someone came in warning us that there were two dudes going around shooting people. All of a sudden, two boys walked in blasting their guns. Everyone hit the floor immediately. I was laid out on the floor on my stomach, trying to pretend like I was dead. I tried my best to hold my breath. One of the shooters stood right over me. I could feel him watching me. I couldn't hold my breath any longer, so I gasped and took a big breath. The boy standing over me said, "Hey, this one's still alive. I'm gonna have to finish her." I could feel him pointing the gun at my head and got so scared that I pretended I was choking on my own blood, hoping it would make them think I was dying! Right before he pulled the trigger, I woke up...

No comments: